Serves: About 1 Large Cup
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Ripe Tomatoes – About 6
- 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds
- A generous pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- 2 1/2 tbs of Gingelly oil
- Coarsely grind the tomatoes. ( It should be little lumpy)
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in the pan and add mustard seeds.
- Wait for it to pop and add the tomato pulp.
- Put the stove in medium and let it simmer till all the water is gone.
- When the water dries up completely, add Chilly powder, Asafoetida and Salt.
- Mix it thoroughly and add the remaining oil.
- Cook till the oil starts oozing out of the pulp.
- Serve it with Dosas.
- Boiling tomatoes in water, peeling its skin and then crushing to form pulp would give better results.