Here’s a recipe of Pumpkin/Parangikkai Curry with Amchur. I had never tatsted this version of Pumpkin until I got married. At my inlaws place this is how the Pumpkin Curry is made. It tastes yummy with hot rotis.
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
1/2 kg Pumpkin diced into cubes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Amchur Powder
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds for tempering
1 tsp Ajwain/ Carom seeds for tempering
2 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
How I made:
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add Mustard seeds. Wait till they pop.
- Add Ajwain/Carom seeds and diced Pumpkin.
- Add turmeric powder, Chilly powder and Salt.
- Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Once the curry is completely cooked mash it with a Vegetable masher.
- Add Amchur powder and Garnish with coriander.
- Serve it with hot Phulkas/Rotis.