Thank God the spiders haven’t showed up yet for that’s how long it has been since I came here!
I know I have not done a proper post in a really long time but I’ve got many updates, so here it goes:
- Work has been pretty hectic and the firm is planning to hire a few people and expand their base in India. And your’s truely was involved in the recruitment process 🙂 Can’t express my excitement in words. Now I know I am born HR material 😉
- Finally I happened to visit the IITF (India International Trade Fair) or the much hyped Trade Fair in Pragati Maidan. Although it wasn’t exactly what I thought of it to be, it still was a nice fun-filled outing. Maybe because you can get everything and anything in malls these days the charm of seeing them in such fairs is lost. Its a huge fair and we could barely cover half of it! It was definitely a wonderful experience. I have never seen so may shops in one place and needless to stay I was complete;y blown away with the amount of shopping I could do! We had to shell out 400 Rs to get an entry during the business hours since we did not want to get ourselves crushed in the mad rush. Thankfully we did not have to wait in the long serpentine queues. However, we later found out that the entry to senior citizens is free always. Lack of information from our side led to wasting 800 Rs on tickets. I bought an onion dicer which showed its true colours the very next day :(. I also bought a Sprouts maker which I am yet to try. I really hope it does what it says on the cover! I was told that every year there is one product that’s new and stands out. To me it was the electric hot water bag sans water! Its really cool and and gets heated up in like 5 mins and stays warm for atleast an hour. Its a China made bag which has a jelly like substance indie which gets expanded when heated. So far it is good and for change does what it promised.
- I finally took a break from work, a vacation that was long overdue. I know , I have been travelling a lot over weekends for the past couple of months but this was like a proper week long vacation and I did not open my laptop even my mistake ;). There are cities, and there is Chennai! I used to hate living in Chennai when I was there but when I moved out, I realized that I really love the city. Come to think of it, the city taught me in many ways than one, took care of me when I as a 20 year old left home for the first time. Chennai gave me friends and most of all Chennai is where I met Dh :). After living in so many cities now, I feel Chennai is where I feel at home. I love the freshness of Malli Poo sold by the Pavada- Davani clad girls, the mouth-watering Pongal Vadai at the Karpagambal Mess, Mylapore or Murugan Idli’s famous Idli and a cup of Filter Kaapi everywhere I go. I feel at peace when I go to the beach. Even this time, the visit to Besant Nagar beach brought back some wonderful memories of me, my friends and the family! To sum up, the vacation was nice change from the ubercool, ultra modern lifestyle in Delhi!
- I am re-reading ” The Secret of Nagas” because I heard that the third book will be out anytime!
- I had my nose pierced at GRT! Yaay!Oh yes, you heard that right! I was so bored of the same look. I would have liked to have a boy cut but that would have stirred unnecessary arguments in the family. So I decided to do some piercing. In-laws are happy and so am I so its a win-win! I am planning to buy a nice nose ring soon! Finally, a
nicepainful change :P!
- On a sad note, I have put on truck-loads of weight and I am utterly distressed! I had never ever thought that I would have to complain of being overweight ever in my life for I was always skinny and bony. My weight never surpassed 45 Kgs and the BMI always hovered around the underweight region! Now I feel I am in someone else’s body. I just hate being fat! I think its really time to start some workouts and get back to shape before people stop recognizing who I am !
So these were the updates from me..
What’s up at your end?