2013 Begins – A new year, a new beginning.. Phone calls have been made, wishes sent and wishes received..And its time for the New Year resolutions. Talking about resolutions, I am someone who always believes in making one. Every year I promise to exercise more, eat healthy, read more and the most recent one being lose more weight. Sooner or later I see all of these promises broken, one by one! However, I pick them up again religiously the following year. So here goes the list for 2013..
- Eat : As always, I resolve to eat healthy, stay fit and lose atleast 5 Kgs this year. (Now, that sounds reasonable right?)
- Blog: I want to post a lot more regularly in 2013. Well, I wrote more than a 50 posts in 2012 and for a newbie it passable right? This year I want to double that and write at least 100 posts. And that requires me to blog more often! So, you will see a lot more of me here 😉
- Read: I want to start going to the library again and read more.
- Stats: I want to stop obsessing over blog stats, awards, followers etc. While blogging gave me like-minded friends it also made me competitive. Only I know how much I sulked seeing poor stats, less followers and no awards last year. I have decided to stop tracking each one of these this year. I have come to a stage where I understand that I blog because I want to not because people want me to!
- Paint: I want to start painting. I bought all my painting kits, canvas but everything took a backseat when I started this blog. Somehow, I need to learn how to multi-task.
- Pray: I want to be more spiritual in 2013. I know I am a spiritual person but I have given up on that owing to my laziness. I want to pray, meditate and read spiritual books.
- Pranayam: After knowing the benefits of pranayam only nuts like me can procrastinate doing it. I know and I believe that pranayam is a healer of all diseases yet when it comes to waking up in the morning and doing pranayam I suck at it. I just can’t drag myself out of the bed 😦
- Wake up early : This is the toughest of all. I have tried at least a hundred times and have failed miserably always. So much so that I have given up now. Nothing in this world can be superior to my beauty sleep. People say invest on a good quality shoe or tracks and start jogging. I use my Reebok track pants as my night suit now 😛
- Cook: 2012 saw me discover my culinary skills. I want me to hone my skills better in 2013. I want to bake more, cook some good dishes and more importantly post recipes here.
- Photography: This has been in my To-Do lists for a long time. I want to learn photography atleast to be able to take better pictures of food of which I plan to post here.
- Drive: I want to start driving again. Delhi traffic has scared me so much that I have stopped getting behind the wheels. I want to start driving again and experience that independence and kick that driving gives me.
Will all these resolves fade away with passing time? I don’t know and only time will tell!
Once again a very happy and prosperous new year to all of you. I hope all your dreams and desires come true in 2013 🙂
What resolutions have you made for 2013?
Image courtesy: Google Images